Monday 26 March 2012

SBE Experience to share with

Hi. 
It was my third School Based Experience and I could say that it was totally awesome. The teachers are good, the headmaster do treat us well and the pupils there give me such a thousand reasons to smile. I still remember, my last day at school was very hectic. There were not enough teachers to handle the classes so we were given a big responsibility to replace them. Well, I have to say that it was seriously hectic. Just imagined how we replaced those classes starting on 9.15 a.m till 12.45 p.m with no recess at all. We were all tired of course but there was something that put me in a refresh mind. I was in charged in 1 Sejahtera, the last class for Standard 1 and I entered the class for almost three periods. On the first period, I asked them to draw. They were freely drawing when suddenly a student called me and told me that the boy beside her took her drawing paper and run away. I scolded him for no concrete reason and he sat down quietly. On the third period, I came again and asked them to do the exercise on Mathematics. While I was busily teaching them how to convert words into numbers, the same student who called me up in the first period, used to call me again. She said that the boy I scolded before did no job. So I went to his place and asked him why. Another student then joined me and told me that he couldn’t write. I was touched. It was my fault after all not to ask him what the problem is but scolded him for no concrete reason. I gave him a big smile, as a symbol of sorry and asked him whether he knew how to write ABC. He just sat there quietly. I took an initiative by holding his hand and told him to write A while guiding him. I guided him till the word H and asked him to continue practicing writing at home. I was sad. It was my last day at school and I just noticed him and I could do nothing to help him.How I wish that the student will overcome his problem and may the teachers guide him. He needs to be treated like the others too, just so you know, teachers.Sk Dato' Abdul Hamid 2 will always be in my mind. And that special student too. May Allah bless him. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment