Wednesday 8 February 2012

Building.

Hi. I have to state that this entry may be long and quite boring with no pictures to entertain you. Sorry. We have been given a task today, where we have to make an entry based on the title given. Guess what? I got "Building" to write about. Yeah, don't tell me how common would someone react to "building" cause I know, the image of building popping out through your mind is a concrete one. The one commonly used to be called as a tower or a house is a building for you. No worries, that was my first imaginary too. However, after going through the title and searching on the net for some ideas, I would love to say that building up my confidence is one of building too. :) It wasn't lame, honeybee, it was subjective. I know it may be different from what you have been thinking of but who cares? Everyone has their own opinion and mine was it. Building my self-confidence. Have I told you before, I have such a low confidence in walking in a crowd and speaking in front of the others? Yes, I was. It was long ago before I built up my confidence level and be more braver in public. When I was in my primary school, I was someone who teachers won't take care of. Seriously, there were no teachers who said that I was good in this and that and gave me some opportunities to show off my skills until one day, my English teacher asked me to see her. I remembered, I was in my Standard 4, sitting in my classroom and someone called up my name and asked me to see Mrs Hayati. Mrs Hayati then asked me to join the choral speaking team for my school. Well, at first, I thought I was wronged because there were two Alyaa in my classroom and I wasn't that good in English to have a priority to be chosen. Besides, I have no confidence to speak in front of the others and I worried that my pronunciations would be so bad. However, Mrs Hayati kept telling me that I could do it and I should see that as a challenge to improve my English and build up my confidence level. She trained me as well and she told me that to act confidently, I have to think confidently. It took times, yes, but it was the self-esteem that taught me how confidence was gained through an experience. 

I know we have that fear. Fear of facing people, taking challenges and so on and so forth. But one thing that you, yourself have to make sure is, how far would you go to build up your confidence level? What is the best way will you take to improve yourself, to face your fear, fearless? I've took mine and I have overcomed my fear. How about you? :)

When people believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. ~Norman Vincent Peale



No comments:

Post a Comment